Within the last 5-10 years, I remember specific times when I would search the internet for a coupon code for a particular online purchase. Most of the time, I would come away unsuccessful and just have to pay the regular price or shipping for the item.
Since that time, things have come a long way. Coupon Chief recently contacted me and asked if I would do an unbiased review of their website. I was happy to oblige because I have looked for a website like this in the past. As far as food allergies go, today’s post isn’t really that relevant. But as far as frugality and savings go, this post is very relevant and can help you save in the other areas of your life.
Per their provided information, Coupon Chief has the largest source of online coupons and store discounts for apparel, electronics, travel, entertainment and more. At first glance, Coupon Chief just seems like another coupon site, but they maintain some unique features that I think are useful to consumers. Besides doing basic searches for coupons to retailers that interest you, here are some additional top features:
- You can set-up email alerts for coupons to your favorite retailers. When a coupon is listed for your preferred retailer(s), you are alerted.
- Keeps record of your browsing history.
- Pays-2-Share Program: You upload your own coupon codes and earn 2% of the sale when your coupon is used by another buyer. This might be an easy way to earn a little extra income.
- Coupons-4-Causes: Search on their site for your favorite cause (charity, school or church), do your shopping using their coupons, and they will donate up to 20% of your purchase to your favorite non-profit. If your favorite cause is not on their list, simply email them to have it added.
- Users can leave comments and ratings for coupons.
One feature that I did not particularly like was the “related tags” box on the sidebar. When I clicked on a few of the categories, I thought the related coupons were quite a big stretch. For example, I couldn’t figure out how renting a blockbuster movie had anything to do with health, unless you just need to unwind. That’s a stretch to me.
I agreed to do this review after seeing the extra features that I think are worthy of mentioning, but I have not actually used this website myself. But now that I know it is out there, I will certainly check it out the next time I make an online purchase.
Have you ever used this website? If so, can you provide any feedback?
(Note: I did receive a small compensation for my review, but I was not persuaded in any way to write something favorable. All the words are mine, except the first sentence after the graphic provided by Coupon Chief.)