Do you often find yourself in a cooking rut? You fix the same ol’ thing week after week. Well, you’re not alone. Most people do. It’s not easy to serve variety to the table when you take into consideration food allergies, individual preferences, budgets and more.
The Willing Cook is coming along side of you to help you serve your family with new dishes every week. Today is the series debut of a new feature called The Willing Cook-A-Long.
- Every Friday, I will link a new recipe that I believe will be enjoyable to the masses.
- Sometime during the next week, you fix the recipe.
- On the following Friday, you come back and leave a comment or link to your blog* about how the recipe turned out.
Pretty easy, huh? Some additional notes:
- Please, please make this recipe yours. I stated in the recipe I shared yesterday that I often “recreate” existing recipes to fit our allergy home. This is what I want you to do. ”Recreate” the recipe to the food allergies that exist in your home, your family’s preferences/budget or what you have in your pantry.
- When you come back to comment on how the recipe worked out for you, please include the changes you made to the recipe. I will be doing the cook a-long with you, so I will note the changes that I made as well.
The idea behind The Willing Cook-A-Long is to get us out of the weekly dinner rut, although it won’t always be a dinner recipe (salads, sides, desserts, etc. will also be included). In addition, it will help people see how to recreate dishes based on the issues noted above: food allergies, preferences, budget or pantry stock.
So, will you commit to try The Willing Cook-A-Long challenge with me? If so, leave a comment below saying “I’m in.”
*If you leave a link to your blog about The Willing Cook-A-Long, please be kind to link only your post, not your home page. In addition, I ask that you link back to this page. Thank you!
The first recipe that I have selected is Steak and Pineapple Skewers. It is still officially summer, whether it feels like it in your neck of the woods or not. So get out your grill mitts and try this sweet sounding main dish this week! What side will you add? Let us know next Friday.
So, Happy Cooking-A-Long with me this week! Don’t forget to leave a comment that you’ll join in this challenge.