Shrove Pancake Stack
Turn this gluten-free by using any of the gluten-free pancake recipes found under the "recipe" tab. A griddle will work best for this recipe.
- 3 EnerG egg replacer
- 1/2 cups grapeseed oil
- 2 1/2 cups allowed milk (cow, rice, soy, almond, coconut, etc.)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups whole-wheat flour
- 9 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
Heat up griddle to 325 degrees.
1. Whisk EnerG egg replacer for 3 eggs (4 1/2 tsp + 6 Tbsp). Whisk in grapeseed oil, milk, and vanilla.
2. Add in all dry ingredients and mix until combined. Batter must be pretty thin in order to get thin pancakes. Add extra milk to get a thin consistency.
3. Drop on the hot pancake griddle about 1/3 cup at a time. Spread out batter as thin as possible. Once pancake looks "dry," carefully flip over. Cook for another minute, then gently loosen from griddle and place on large platter.
4. Continue to cook pancakes and stack them. In between each pancake, add a little surprise. For example....
pancake...butter/brown sugar...pancake...bacon...pancake...chocolate chips...pancake...butter/syrup....pancake...
You should get about 15 large, thin pancakes out of the batter. Cut into pie wedges and serve. Serves 4.