Free of Top Allergens
Naked Cabbage Rolls
Meat: Use the combination here, use one or the other, or substitute for diced chicken. You can also use white beans or no beans at all. The possibilities are endless for this dish.
- 1/2 cups white rice
- 1/3 heads cabbage, shredded
- 1 pounds lean ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 pounds Italian sausage, ground
- 1/2 cups onion
- 1 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 cans black-eyed peas
- 1/2-1 cups water
1. Cook rice according to package directions. Shred cabbage, if necessary.
2. Brown meat, garlic, and onion; drain grease. Season with salt and pepper. Add beans and cabbage; add water in order for cabbage to steam. Cover and let cook for about 5 minutes, until cabbage has wilted.
3. Bring sauce ingredients to a boil and allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Pour into meat and cabbage pan; mix together until well combined.
4. Serve with a great cornbread.
Sauce Ingredients (Naked Cabbage Rolls)
- 1 (8oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1/3 cups ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoons black pepper