Gluten, Dairy, Egg, Peanut/Nut, Corn-Free
Recipe adapted from thericeoflife.wordpress.com
- 1 1/2 cups white rice
- 1 cans coconut milk, canned
- 3/4 cans water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, diced
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot flour/powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoons ginger, ground
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 cups allowed milk (cow, rice, soy, almond, coconut, etc.)
- 1 packages broccoli, frozen
- 1 cans pineapple, chunks
Cook rice according to directions, using 1 can of coconut milk + 3/4 can of water to make coconut rice.
Dice and cook chicken in olive oil until browned (or use previously diced & cooked chicken from the freezer); remove chicken. Add more oil and whisk in thickener (arrowroot, tapioca or corn starch), ginger, garlic, pepper, salt; whisk for 1-2 minutes. Slowly add in milk while whisking breaking up any seasoning clumps. Continue adding milk as it thickens. Add chicken back into white sauce and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes (sauce should thicken more as it simmers).
Steam desired vegetable (broccoli or peas work well).
When all cooking is complete, assemble haystacks - rice, chicken/sauce, vegetable, pineapple.