Wheat-free, Dairy-free, Egg-free, Soy-free
You can use either ground turkey or lean ground beef for this recipe. Makes 4 burgers. (Allergy changes below instructions.)
- 1 pounds lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 zucchini
- 1 carrots
- 1 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoons thyme, dried
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 egg
- olive oil, extra-virgin
- crusty bread
Grate zucchini and carrot (soak up any water with a paper towel).
Combine meat, vegetables, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper and egg; form into patties. (You can also add a strong shredded cheese to the mixture, if allowed.)
Grill until cooked through, flipping once.
Brush olive oil on good quality crusty bread and place on grill for about 2 minutes. (You can use a single slice of bread on the bottom of burger or make a traditional 2 slice burger.)
Top burger with cheese of choice, mayonnaise, lettuce and tomato.
1. Egg Allergy: Leave egg out of recipe, but know that the burger may fall apart easier. Does not affect the taste. Leave out mayonnaise.
2. Dairy Allergy: Leave out cheese.
3. Wheat/Gluten Allergy: Eat without bun (trust me, it is just as delicious).