Empty Cupboard Skillet Hash
For those meals when you think there is nothing to eat in the house. Use whatever ingredients you have and want to use up!
- 1/2 pounds sausage
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 1/2 cups onion, diced
- 1/2 cups bell pepper, diced
- 1 apples
- 1 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 pounds kale
- 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- kosher salt
- black pepper
1. Brown sausage in skillet (use whatever sausage you like: ground breakfast, Italian links, etc.). Remove from skillet to plate.
2. Cook potatoes, onion, bell pepper, apple, & garlic in skillet (add more oil if needed) until browning. Add washed & torn kale (or spinach) to the skillet and cover with lid to allow it to steam. Add a little water if the other vegetables are getting too brown.
3. Add sausage back to the skillet; season with cinnamon, and salt & pepper to taste.
Serve once vegetables are cooked through.