Free of Top Allergens
Chicken, Sweet Potato, & Mushroom Kabobs
You can use any combination of meat and vegetables for these kabobs.
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast-boneless, skinless
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 8 ounces mushrooms, whole
- olive oil, extra-virgin
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- cayenne pepper
- nutmeg, ground
1. Cut chicken, sweet potatoes (peeled), and mushrooms (unless using button mushrooms) into 1-inch chunks.
2. Stagger meat and vegetables on kabob sticks. (Tip: If you have leftover meat and vegetables, place them in an aluminum foil "bowl" and cook with the kabobs.)
3. Brush kabobs with olive oil. Sprinkle on spices to the amount of your liking.
4. Heat grill to medium and cook kabobs until cooked through, turning over at least once (about 15 minutes). If it's too cold to grill out, place the kabobs in a roasting pan and bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes, or until done. (I've not actually used this method, so adjust the cooking time as needed.)
Remove to platter and enjoy!