Free of Top Allergens
Black Bean Loaded Sweet Potatoes
Recipe adapted from http://quickeasycheaphealthy.com/2012/01/for-my-vegan-friends-black-bean-stuffed-sweet-potatoes/.
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/4 cups onion, diced
- 1/4 cups bell pepper, diced
- 1 carrots, diced
- 1 zucchini
- 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoons cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 cups black beans
- 1 14.5 oz cans tomatoes, diced
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1/2 cups cilantro, fresh
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lay a piece of aluminium foil on oven rack to catch the sweet potato juices as they cook. Wash and pierce sweet potatoes with a fork. Cook in oven for 45 to 60 minutes or until fork tender.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Chop & saute the garlic, onion, bell pepper, carrots, and zucchini. Place lid on pan to steam carrots and zucchini. Add a touch of chicken broth to keep from burning.
3. Mix in dry spices. Add black beans, diced tomatoes, and hot sauce (adjust as desired); heat through. Finally, add fresh cilantro and combine.
4. Spoon bean mixture into opened, cooked sweet potato. Top with cheese and sour cream, if allowed. Add more hot sauce as desired.