Free of dairy, egg, peanut/nut
- 2 EnerG egg replacer
- 1 cups non-diary butter substitute
- 1 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cups white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoons ginger root, fresh, grated
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoons allspice, ground
- 1 teaspoons ginger, ground
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Mix EnerG egg replacer (3 tsp powder + 4 Tbsp water) in mixing bowl. Add softened dairy-free margarine and both sugars; mix well. Mix in vanilla and freshly grated ginger.
2. To mixing bowl, add whole wheat flour, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, and baking soda. Mix all together, until batter is thick.
3. Spread batter out on greased 9x13 pan.
4. Bake for 25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Cut and serve once the bars are cool, and place them in the refrigerator for a better ginger flavor.
Serve with fresh homemade jam or powdered sugar.
Update: I substitute 1/2 cup canola oil and 1/2 cup applesauce to cut back on some of the butter used in this recipe. It wasn’t quite as moist, but it still tasted good.