Chocolate Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cake
- 1 cups sorghum flour
- 3/4 cups millet flour
- 1/4 + 1/8 cups tapioca flour
- 1/4 + 1/8 cups almond meal/flour
- 1/2 cups cocoa
- 2 teaspoons guar gum
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 3 EnerG egg replacer
- 1 cups brown sugar
- 3/4-1 cups grapeseed oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 1 cups chocolate chips, semi-sweet
1. Grind any gluten-free flour, if necessary. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two loaf pans or a single bundt pan.
2. Mix together your gluten-free flours; mix in cocoa (sifted), guar gum (or xantham gum), baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the EnerG egg replacer (4 1/2 tsp powder + 6 Tbsp water; equivalent to 3 eggs). Beat in the sugar. Add in oil (any oil will do) and vanilla; mix together.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredient, along with zucchini and chocolate chips; mix to incorporate.
5. Separate into 2 loaf pans or a single bundt pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then remove from pan onto serving dish.
6. Serve with homemade blueberry sauce (or any fruit), sprinkled with powdered sugar, and/or ice cream. It's even perfect with a cup of coffee for breakfast.
Enjoy with Blueberry Sauce!
*Recipe calls for almond flour. Use a flour such as oat flour, soy flour, buckwheat, or quinoa flour as substitute.