I used tapioca starch in this recipe to avoid the corn, but you can do a 1:1 substitution with corn starch. You can use any fruit in place of the blueberries with the same result.
- 3 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons tapioca flour
- 1/3 cups water
- 1 1/2-2 cups blueberries
1. Mix sugar and tapioca starch in a sauce pan. Stir in water and blueberries.
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens and boils. Boil and stir for about 1 minute.
3. Serve sauce warm or allow to cool. Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 10 days. Makes about 1 cup of sauce. (If using seedy fruit, strain the sauce to remove seeds, if desired.)