Free of Top Allergens
Oatmeal Chia Fruit Bars
adapted from The Parent's Guide to Food Allergies by Marianne S. Barber
- 1 cups oat flour
- 1 cups Old-Fashioned Oats
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chia seed
- 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cups non-diary butter substitute
- 1-1 1/2 cups fruit preserves
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grind oat flour, if necessary. (You can use any other flour desired/allowed.)
1. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Cut in the non-dairy butter (dairy/soy-free shortening or coconut oil can also be used) and mix until resembles coarse crumbs.
2. Press half the mixture in a 9x9 inch baking pan (ungreased).
3. Spread with desired fruit preserves (I really like raspberry, apricot, or blueberry the best.). Cover with remaining dry mixture.
4. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown. Cut into bars when cool and enjoy!