I believe this has to be the best blueberry muffin recipe I’ve made to date. They got a little crispy around the edges and on the top. They were nice and moist, and puffed up to a good size too. It’s such a quick recipe that I whipped them up on a busy Saturday morning for our breakfast.
Muffin recipes are a great way to do a little freezer cooking without much extra work. Simply double this recipe and freeze half. I doubled the recipe, but our freezer batch never made it into the freezer 🙂
Enjoy this quick and tasty muffin as the blueberry season is quickly approaching!
Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins
- 2 bananas
- 2 EnerG egg replacer
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cups grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cups blueberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Mix bananas (extra ripe work best) up on high speed in a mixer, until smooth. Make egg replacer (3 tsp powder + 4 Tbsp water; or 2 eggs). Add egg replacer, sugar, oil, and vanilla to the bananas; mix until well blended.
2. Add in flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt (making sure to spread around a little as pouring in bowl). Mix until just blended. Stir in blueberries. Batter will be thick.
3. Pour batter into greased muffin cups. Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Remove from pan to cool. Makes 12 muffins.