Aka, “Irish Nachos”. I discovered a couple of weeks ago when I had Potato Nachos on our menu that there are a number of people who aren’t familiar with this very easy and very kid-friendly meal. So of course, I thought I should share it. There is really nothing special about it. It’s very versatile to whatever flavors you like.
Top with whatever toppings you like. Use chicken, beef, or leave it vegetarian. A great way to use up leftover taco meat.
- 6-8 russett potatoes
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil, extra-virgin
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg, ground
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. Wash and slice russett potatoes into 1/2 inch thick slices. Place on large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and garlic powder. Bake for about 30 minutes or until cooked through, flipping/stirring every 15 minutes.
2. Get toppings ready while potatoes are cooking. Suggestions: taco meat, crumbled bacon, salsa, sliced avocado, cheese, sour cream.
3. When potatoes are cooked. Place them on a plate and top with your favorites toppings.
Serves 4. Enjoy!
Do you make a similar recipe for potato nachos? Please share some of your favorite ways to serve this family-friendly dish.