(Bad picture alert today.)
Who doesn’t love a meal that is both nutritious and easy? Well, I have just that for you today. I can’t take credit for it though, my sister-in-law pointed me in the direction and I’m glad she did.
For those of you with a Trader Joe’s within reach, have you ever had their Roasted Seaweed? It’s usually in the chip aisle in a small rectangular package, either green for the regular or blue for the wasabi flavor. They are a great snack that our whole family devours! If you don’t have access to TJ’s, you might be able to find a suitable substitute.
I’ve titled this quick dish Open Face “Sushi” Stir-Fry. Don’t you think I come up with the most ingenious dish names (wink, wink)? Feel free to use your favorite stir-fry veggies or even add diced beef, chicken, or tofu, if desired. I made my original dish with coconut rice, but I think it would have tasted more sushi-like with rice and flavored rice vinegar (I’m doing that next time).
Open Face Sushi Stir-Fry
add diced beef, chicken, or tofu (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups white rice
- 16 ounces Stir-fry Vegetables
- 1/4 teaspoons ginger, ground
- 1/4 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/4 cups rice vinegar
- 2 packages roasted seaweed
- soy sauce
1. Make rice according to package directions. While cooking...
2. Stir-fry/steam vegetables. When vegetables are crisp, add a dash of ground ginger and black pepper.
3. When rice is finished, stir in flavored rice vinegar.
4. Layer a couple tablespoons of rice on top of roasted seaweed, followed by the stir-fry vegetables. If soy sauce is allowed, add a touch of it to your "sushi".
Pull together your sides and eat...this is finger food!