No-Bake Energy Bites are all the rave these days. With great reason; they are delicious and quite nutritious! I told you on Tuesday that I made a modified recipe for my friend with extensive food allergies. Well, here you go…Banana Nut Butter Balls!
Banana Nut Butter Balls does not contain oats like the aforementioned recipe because my friend has an oat allergy. I like the addition of the oats in the Energy Balls though, so if you’re allowed to have them, I’d add up to 1 cup in the below recipe. However, it is not necessary, particularly if you’re paying the high price for certified gluten-free oats. Because I did not use oats here, I chose to use a crunchy peanut butter to add a little more texture. (Yes, I did use peanut butter. My friend is allergic to some tree nuts, but not peanuts. I was happy to give her this added protein punch.) You can find many non-peanut nut butters that are crunchy. Finally, the addition of a banana is a very nice touch to this recipe and I do not recommend leaving it out. It gives it a nice hint of banana, and who doesn’t like bananas, chocolate, honey, and so on?
The next time you want a treat with a little extra energy and protein punch, whip up some Banana Nut Butter Balls. I promise that you’ll enjoy them!
Banana Nut Butter Balls
Recipe adapted from http://smashedpeasandcarrots.blogspot.com - No Bake Energy Bites. If oats allowed, I recommend adding 1/2-1 cup to the recipe below.
- 1 bananas
- 1/2 cups Nut Butter (peanut, almond, sunflower seed, cashew, etc.)
- 1/3 cups honey
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 3/4 cups coconut, shredded
- 1/3-1/2 cups mini chocolate chips (like Enjoy Life)
1. Throw all the ingredients into a mixer. (I recommend using a "crunchy" nut butter to add more texture, but it's not necessary.)
2. Mix on medium-high until ingredients well combined.
3. Put mixing bowl in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or until mixture chills and stiffens up enough to roll into balls.
4. Roll into about 1-inch balls and keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Recipe shared at Allergy-Friendly Friday, Simple Lives Thursday, Sweet Tooth Friday, Allergy-Friendly Lunchbox Love, Monday Mania, Real Food 101, Real Food Wednesday, Gluten-Free Wednesdays, February Blog Hop at Recipe Lion, and Full Plate Thursday.
I am so grateful to have been featured on….